WE TAKE COVID-19 and your health seriously
As we implement Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan, we would like to inform you about Evident Care Dental’s plan to safely open our clinic to our patients and to provide the services you need for your oral health and to stay safe. In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued flattening of the curve in BC, we realize our patients have questions about their safety at the clinic. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we have always been diligent and remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly. We would also like you to know the steps we have taken to combat exposure and the spread of COVID-19. We have taken a multi-layered protective approach, from the aerosols produced inside the mouth to the building’s air filtration unit. Below are a few of these steps:
- Built-in air filtration (MERV-13) that filters 95% of viral and bacterial particles in the clinic.
- Chairside and in-room air purifying units (IQAir) with advanced filtration technologies, including HyperHEPA filtrate that captures 99.5% of all airborne particles including viruses.
- Intra-oral evacuation units that reduce oral aerosols at the origin by 95% (Dry-Shield).
- Enhanced pre-appointment screening of patients to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposures.
- Enhanced daily screening of all staff to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposures.
- Enhanced PPE protocols.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- BC Centers for Disease: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html